Internet is extremely cheap in India nowadays. With major players like Reliance a normal citizen can access 4G internet in relatively low costs. With daily use and monthly use packages more and more people are being aware and learning about the various uses and advantages of the Internet. A major factor that can impact your usage of internet is the speed of the internet with great speed you can have a much better time browsing your favourite websites and streaming your favourite video. A great way to check your internet speed is by using the opensignal app. This app allows you to check your mobile connectivity and network signal speed. Users can check their upload and download speed and also their latency. You can check these for 3G,4G,5G and WiFi. You can use this ti find the best network provider in the area. You can also perform a video streaming test which will let you know the streaming experience on platforms like Netflix and YouTube.
Some of the main features of the app are :-
– Test tab with speed test and video streaming quality to analyse mobile video performance with results for time spent buffering, loading and playback. The speed test runs a 10 sec download test, 10 sec upload test and ping test to determine the speed you will likely experience. The speed test runs on common internet CDN servers. The result is calculated with the middle range of samples.
– Signal dashboard and ping test – for testing latency response, this is extremely useful if you are playing mobile games like pubg. The lower the ping the better the experience
– Connectivity map to show locations of 3G, 4G/LTE & 5G tests. With network stats on local network operators, you can check speeds ahead of a trip, find out if you will get a signal in remote areas, check your signal against others in the area to see if you’re getting the best service, arrange the best local SIM and check the signal strength when searching for accommodation or travelling.
– Network stats with average speeds for download, upload and latency and network strength on major providers
– Availability stats and historical log of your WiFi and 3G, 4G/LTE & 5G speed tests to check connectivity over time
– Signal alert when you have no data or call connectivity