IRCTC Train PNR Status, NTES Rail Running Status is listed under ‘Travel & Local’ category on Google Play Store. The app is rated 3+ by IARC i.e. suitable for all age groups. This app can be downloaded free from the Play Store/App store and might contain in-app purchases. However, it also contains ads placed by developers. A device must have Android OS 4.4 and up for this application to function on it. The latest version of the app is 126.96.36.199. It was first released on 2th April 2013.
IRCTC Train PNR Status, NTES Rail Running Status is developed by ixigo – India’s #1 travel app. The size of the Android application is 9.86 MB but varies the devices. The reviews of 764K users have given it an average rating of 4.5/5 stars. The app has already hit 10 million downloads.
ixigo – India’s #1 travel app launched the IRCTC Train PNR Status, NTES Rail Running Status for Indian users which came into effect from April 2nd, 2013. This app can be used to buy train and bus tickets. Users can also buy and book flight tickets and hotel reservations of their choice. App has multiple features as well. Users can also check their PNR status, seat availability, discounts etc.
Pros of the Application
- Users can buy and book tickets using ixigo trains app.
- This single app offers all in one i.e. user can buy train tickets, flight tickets, metro and bus tickets, hotel reservations, book cabs or taxis and many more.
- Users can check their PNR status, that is Passenger Name Record to access the latest information about your booked tickets.
- From PNR status users can check confirmation chances percentage as well, so as to modify their plans accordingly.
- The user can also check seat availability within the app and can check for specific trains or flight as well.
- Users can earn ixigo money by using this app and later this money can be used in purchasing tickets and discounts on reservations.
- The user can also track the live location of a specific train through its journey from the app and can also check the services available.
- Users can apply for IRCTC SBI Platinum Card and can book free train tickets. And this card offers value back benefits, welcome gift, zero payment gateway charges, and fuel surcharge waiver.
- The app is well integrated with online wallets and these wallets provide cashback offers to ixigo users for using their channel.
- This versatile app has a news update section devoted to Indian railways as well to keep users up to date. There are games as well to spend spare time in or off the journey.
Cons of the Application
- Most users complained about its PNR system that it is not working properly.
- Sometimes train scheduled time and details differ from the actual running time, that causes a lot of trouble for passengers.
This app has a very user-friendly and easy to understand user interface. At the first time using this app, users are asked to manually select their preferred language. News users are further needed to sign up for using app features. There are a lot of options for the user for bookings like;
- Train tickets
- Buses and cabs
- Flight tickets
- Hotel Reservations
Users can book as well as buy tickets online using IRCTC SBI Platinum Credit Card. There are other options as well for online payment like;
Users can read the latest updates about Indian railways and play games in the entertainment section of the app.